The Home Page also referred to as the Front Page, and some other featured content areas of the site are made up of widgets. This image shows the names of each widget space and where it appears in the theme demo. Also provided are the widget settings needed to make your site look like the theme demo. You can customize your widgets to best fit your brand.
Coaching Pro Documentation
Throughout this documentation Home Page and Front Page refer to the same thing. The Coaching Pro theme labels the widget areas in the Customizer as follows:
You would normally substitute the above hashtag # in the code for the destination URL.
Plugins to Install
The following free plugins are not necessary to use the Coaching Pro theme, but we recommend these to get the maximum functionality out of your theme, especially if you want your site to closely match the demo site.
- Genesis eNews Extended – Easily add mailing lists integration to Coaching Pro.
- Genesis Simple Edits – Edit Site Footer
- HTML Widget Titles – Easily add HTML to widget titles.
- Image Widget – Add images to widget areas.
- Social Proof Testimonials Slider – Rotates testimonials and headshots on the homepage.
- Widget CSS Classes – Add CSS classes to widget areas.
- WP Featherlight – Opens images and videos in a lightbox.
- WP Subtitle – Add subtitles to posts and pages.
Other nice to have plugins:
- SVG Support – Add SVG images to media library and use them inline with a css class.
- Ninja Forms – Add basic forms.
Premium Plugin – Optional but our choice for adding basic forms.
The Coaching Pro theme comes with the option to use styled text for your site title and tagline or to upload a logo image of your choice.
To use the text options, from your WordPress dashboard click on Appearance > Customize.
Open the “Site Identity” menu. Enter your site title and tagline, then click “Save.”
To use the logo option, from your WordPress dashboard click on Appearance > Customize.
Click on the “Logo Image” menu. Upload your logo file. The recommended logo size is 300px x 60px for the theme, so upload an image that is 600px × 120px to accommodate for Retina and HDPI displays.
Thank you for using our theme or plugin! Please make sure you always check your specific product documentation and our Genesis Support page prior to reaching out.
Please note that we can not manage support requests by phone or email. If your request meets the guidelines for support, please use our Support Forum, and we will respond as quickly as possible. For any suspected bug, we ask that you provide as much information as possible (ie, your site URL, the screen size at which the error occurs, and the browser you are using).