You can add additional users to your WordPress site by clicking on the “Users” menu item to the left of your dashboard, then selecting “Add New”.
Users can be given different roles with limited capabilities. The roles are defined as follows:
- Administrator – someone who has access to all the administration features for the site.
- Editor – someone who can publish and manage posts and pages including the posts and pages of other users.
- Author – someone who can publish and manage only their own posts and pages.
- Contributor – someone who can write and manage their own posts and pages but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber – someone who can only manage their profile and has read-only access to private posts and pages.